Cooking Turkey in a Convection Oven
1. Know your oven. Cooking time and specified roasting temperature may vary oven to oven. Many manufacturers provide conversion formulas on the front control panel of the oven.
2. Always use a thermometer. Make sure that the internal temperature of your turkey reaches 175°F at the thickest part of the turkey. If your turkey is stuffed, temperature should register 165°F.
3. Our turkeys are naturally juicy and require no basting. If applying a special sauce or marinade, do so during the last hour of cooking.
4. Roast your turkey in the center of the lowest oven rack. Allow 1-1/2 to 2 inches of space around the turkey for air circulation and even heat distribution.
5. Avoid opening the door overly frequently, as heat loss will increase roasting times.
6. Wings and drumsticks often brown more quickly. Cover them with foil to prevent over browning. Be sure to secure the foil so it doesn't blow around and impair fan action.